365 Days of Christmas is keeping the spirit alive
all year to enliven your world.




Monday, December 29, 2008

12 Days of Christmas - Day Four


I am like a tree that is always green,
giving my fruit to you all through the year.
Hosea 14:8 NLT

I cringe at the word "artificial," but I'm getting used to it. I remind myself that it's not the kind of tree one has -- real or fake, stately or scraggly, noble or pine -- but the symbolism that points the heart heavenward.

The evergreen tree was first used in celebration of a false god by people who did not know Jesus, the Creator of this symbol of everlasting life. As those who know Him and love Him, we have redeemed its value and given it a place of honor in our celebration of the only true God.

As you set up your tree, remember that Jesus is like an evergreen . . . eternal and everlasting. With Him there is no beginning or end.

Heavenly Father, thank You that not only is Jesus like a
tree, but that He died on a tree to save us from our sins, so that through faith in Him we could have eternal and everlasting life. Amen.

No comments: