365 Days of Christmas is keeping the spirit alive
all year to enliven your world.




Sunday, April 5, 2009

Christmas Gifts for My Kids

Everyone has their own reasons, beliefs, and whys for buying or not buying Christmas gifts. Do what you think is right for YOU.

I am a low-income single mother, so many years I just don't have much money so I adopted the idea of the wise men and offer three gifts for my children. If Christ only got three gifts then my children can live with three main gifts. They also get a stocking from Santa and a Treasure Bag from mom (similar to a stocking) filled with simple things like fruit, toothbrush, toothpaste, crayons, coloring book, etc.

2 comments:

Goat Gal said...

My kids get 3 gifts as well. We do it this way:

Gold- a gift that the receiver will love.

Frankincense- a gift to enrich the receiver's spiritual walk.

Myrrh- A gift for the receiver's body (clothes, food, lotion...etc)

I just love this tradition! Oh and we also do stockings.

Unknown said...

Great tradition, Sarah! Thanks for sharing.